Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Street

Ordinarily I show up to an event, make a few greetings, stay awhile, then disappear out the back door. Once in awhile something magical appears before my eyes, and today it happened in Caledon Southend.

I don't know if it was due to a flux of good energy all around from a random invite to tea by Darkling Elytis, where she, Denver Hax, Roy Smashcan and I just sat and chatted about nothing. Pleasant. :)

Anyhoo, Roy jetted off to a do in Southend, I knew something was going on there but perhaps it's oldbie jadedness I presumed it to be another DJ event or fashion show, the very things that have me gasping for fresh air in a simulator with less avatars in it.

Surprise, it was a street fair.

Groups of people milling the streets, snow particles everywhere, idle chitchat and lots of room to move around. When I arraved there were at least three groupings of people to mill through, and I was greeted by Bamika Easterman.

This was fabulous; she had a whole maid school milling about serving tea. This is the first time I've ever seen such a thing work. And it really did work to enhance the atmosphere!

Eventyually I saw a Kodak moment:

And just started taking pictures.

Until I ran out of L$.

1 comment:

Christine McAllister Pearse said...

Oh that looked lovely! I'm sorry to have missed it!