Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sarah Brightman

I used to really, really love Sarah Brightman, and probably would have bought all of her albums by now, except for that obnoxious CD 'protection' that came with the Harem album. Today, something triggered the memory and I started rooting through my WinAmp library for what I did cut from my CD collection.

The trouble is, I couldn't remember her name. Way to go, lawyers!

I wonder if this is a sign of the future. I'm a 30-something at this time of writing. In twenty years, are major labels dead due to no one knowing who their artists are?

1 comment:

Rhianon Jameson said...

My dear, I can assure you the inability to remember important details, such as the name and lyrics of "that song we all really liked in high school," gets worse with age. (So says this 40-something.) The key point is to remember the things that matter - song lyrics, dialogue from old "Star Trek" episodes, every outfit in your closet and where they have been worn, and, if space permits, the names of close relatives - and clear out mental space by forgetting the things that do not matter - mostly work-related.