Saturday, April 26, 2008

Reinventing The Wheel

I recently built a control based movement engine, and extended it to play animations on demand as well. Works nice. :)

Anyhoo, one thing led to another I discovered it disregards no fly zones, and since you can regulate the speed you're going it has all sorts of potential. Effectively, it makes an avatar behave like a vehicle.

I started on a mermaid system, it's in beta, and runs rather well. :) The goofy thing is, and I really should have known this, there was already a huge mermaid market out there with standardised animations. I didn't even check before I began. But that's okay! This engine is completely new, can be applied in a variety of other applications, and it means I'll have to make some vastly superior animations than the ones I already have, and make them compliant with the existing market. Meaning, point toes like ballerina. No problem.

Other bugs and features to be hammered out as we go.

No comments: